Methods that Edoceo uses to acheive continous deployment of code/applictions.
Well Defined Deployment Environments
Here are the common names for the environments we use, from least to most stable.
- Early stage coding systems, experiments, one-off consultant projects.
- Main coding systems, each Code/Developer/Engineer gets one, like djb.work.edoceo.com, a central/shared on at work.edoceo.com.
- Testing environment, where code and other test cases are executed
- Beta code, pre-release fire testing, staging one step from being released
- A demo system, Live ready code with demo database
- Live, production ready environment. Multiple servers as www1.live.@ or sql1.live.@
Well Defined Processes
Code commits go from Work to Test in a continous flow. Each deloyment to Test is followed by a Test Pass. Test Passes include Doxygen, Karma Runner, Selenium, httrack/wget.