Just purchased this device to try in our systems. Worked right out of the box, no issues at all.
Steps to success:
- Boot lappy to the Windows Side (XP in our case)
- Wait for Automatic Updates to run cause it’s been six months
- Reboot, back into Windows
- Plug in USBConnect device
- Auto-run should start the Installer
- Next, Info, Next, Next, Next, Finish, Reboot
- Now boot Xubuntu
- Plug in Card, Network Manager should recognize & start Wizard
- Click Network Manager -> AT & T -> Connected!
After previous attempts at USB / Wireless connections on Linux systems a few years ago this was a painless experience. Used to required all this fiddling with kernel modules, udev rules, ppp settings, etc. This process now took about 30 minutes on Windows (updates + installer) and about 3 minutes on Xubuntu (wizard).