Technology Consulting services specifically targeted for tech start-ups.
These services are offered with the specific needs of a start-up environment.
The foundation is fluid, the infrastructure "cloud-based" and configured in such a way to allow for an agile development environment.
Typically the environment is something like: AWS|Linode|Rackspace + GNU/Linux + Apache|Nginx|Varnish + Rails|Zend|Django + RDS|MySQL.
The code is backed in a git repository, with proper security permissions and of course we have a Work (development), Test and Live environment.
This list is comprised of information collected all over the internet, or through email lists. Direct copy and paste, the words are not necessarily those of the site operator
Books and Blogs
- The Founder's Dilemmas
- The Startup Owner's Manual
- Lean Machine
Market Research Tools
- Google Survey
- Survey Monkey
- Amazon Web Service
- Microsoft Azure
- Heroku is the leading open language cloud application platform and supports Ruby, Java, Python, Clojure, Scala, Node.js
- PHP Cloud Platform
- Service Provider Cloud Software
Mock-Up & Wireframing Tools
- Paper / Whiteboard
- Silly-fast mobile prototyping.
Coding & Development Tools
- Haven’t used Kendo much but am exploring the mobile version for an application I am working on. Have used Sencha ExtJS extensively. Each framework approaches the world a bit differently as you might expect.
Kendo instead layers on top of jQuery and looks to extend declarative markup by providing larger grained building blocks that typically attach to declarative markup more like jQuery UI stuff.
- Sencha ExtJS
- Most folks mistake the Sencha ExtJS framework as “free” due to it’s GWT heritage however for use in commercial application it must be purchased from Sencha.
Payment and Financial Processing
- Stripe is stupid easy to use at the API layer, reasonable cost. Gets the job done fast. Do not use for Cannabis/Hemp/CBD
- Amazon Payments
Load, Volume and Performance Testing
Screen Sharing / Presenting
- Powered by Cisco/Citrix/
- Google Hangout with Extras
- Cost effective, multi-platform
- Microsoft Lync Online
- Creates embedded web-site walk-throughs and some user interaction
Telephone (SIP/VoIP) Services